Sunday, September 16, 2012

Welcome to the Foreign Service!

Whew!  What a couple of weeks it has been.  We have been to Peru, done some house shopping, and I have started a new job in the Foreign Service.  I'm uploading three posts today, so be sure to keep scrolling to get updates on the rest of our hectic lives.

This week, I started my new job with the Foreign Service in the U.S. Department of State.  It is a fascinating organization, and I am really enjoying all of my training right now.  I have received so many assurances that this is the right career choice for me and Sarah.  To add to the excitement/stress, we also received the "bid list" this week.  This list include a compilation of all the locations overseas where there are currently openings for entry level officers.  Sarah and I now have the daunting tasks of researching each location to determine whether we should bid it high, medium, or low.   

I wish I could share all of the exotic locations on the list, but suffice it to say that I'm sure there are some places you have never heard of.  I know I hadn't.  We'll find out our first post on Flag Day, which takes place October 12th.  It can't come soon enough!

No comments: